Even as individuals we can affect air pollution. We make decisions daily as we travel to work about how we drive and what/if we drive. By following a few simple steps, we can reduce our car’s footprint. Take these tips into consideration during your next commute:
- Could you walk, bike, or use public transportation?
- Organize your errands into one, condensed trip.
- Accelerate slowly and obey the speed limit.
- Try to drive less, especially on high-pollution days.
- Keep your vehicle in good shape and always check your tire pressure.
- Travel lightly and remove unnecessary, heavy things from the vehicle.
- Limit idling your vehicle to no more than 30 seconds.
- If the option is available to you when purchasing a new car, opt for high-efficiency, zero-emission vehicles.
Let’s talk instruments!
Talk with one of our experts to get your questions answered and see how we can help you solve your environmental instrumentation pain points.